With Christmas and new year around the corner, big companies and shops announcing offers to attract customers.
And Google offers Fellowship in journalism for this holiday for 8 lucky students.
It will start from the summer of 2013 and it's a 10 week program to get your fellowship from Google.
It seems like Google got 8 partner organizations to train and give experience in journalism for 8 students probably one student in each companies.
The topic of reports and news coverage could be upon investigation, freedom of speech through internet, helping industries cope in today's modern and digital world to the changes and digital journalism.
And the fellowship locations are Berkely(CA), New York(NY), Columbia(MO), Miami(FL), Cambridge(MA), Washington(DC) and St.Petersburg(FL).
So if this rings bell in your head, apply soon and the deadline is Jan 31 2013.
source - Googleblog
- Center for Investigative Reporting - Nathaniel Lash of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Committee to Protect Journalists - Lauren Fedor of Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism
- Investigative Reporters & Editors - Nicole Pasulka of New York University
- Nieman Journalism Lab - Sarah Darville of Columbia University and Linda Kinstler of Bowdoin College
- Pew Research Center's Project for Excellence in Journalism - Jan Lauren Boyles of American University
- Poynter - Anna Li from Stanford University
- ProPublica - Stephen Suen of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology